There are various factors (both hardware and software) responsible for lowering the amount of time Windows takes to load. Software like antivirus, antispyware tools and the lots of unwanted files downloaded from internet makes your computer system slow after sometime. These heavy software and junk files gradually turn your fast PC into a slow and stumpy system.
Fortunately there are many different ways to speed up the Windows without upgrading your hardware. Just by following a few simple guidelines you can increase the speed of your PC and make your computer run smoothly. This piece of writing includes the use of the tools to perk up the speed of your PC.
1: Optimize Windows XP
Optimizing the Windows XP may considerably decrease its start up time. You can actually speed up your computer system just by cutting of some programs. When the Windows starts up it loads some software programs and if you remove some programs from the list the Windows would certainly speed up.
You can also install Soluto, which considerably lessen the start up time of Windows. Soluto is very easy to use and is free. It divides your start up programs into three divisions.
- No Brainer- It asks before removing the program from a list.
- Potentially removable- You can remove the programs from this list.
- Required- This category include the programs which are required to run a system and thus should not be removed.
Soluto is easy to use and can be downloaded from http://www.soluto.com/
2. Make Windows XP Boot Up Time Faster
This is another excellent utility provider by Microsoft which reduces the startup time of Windows. This program provides a display from where you can see which programs are configured during the system Boot up. You can then remove or disable the programs that you think are making it longer to boot.
You can download Autoruns 9.0 from the official website of Microsoft. The link is here- http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx
3. Increase The Start Up Speed
To increases the boot up of Windows you just need to install the r2studio and follow the steps mentioned below. The startup delayer for Windows XP could be downloaded from r2studious.
- Check your start up list and remove the programs which are not in use or which no longer exist.
- Defragmenting the hard drive is also a good option. When the computer starts many diff applications automatically runs with it and slows down its speed. If these applications are fragmented, the startup would be a bit faster.